Monday, January 14, 2008

"He slept well last night!"

This is a picture less post, which I am sure will not sit well with those of you who only read for the Pearson pics. You can skip my below rant!

"He slept well last night!" My favorite quote from my favorite person, my husband! Darrell is a sweet husband and wonderful dad. He tries to be so helpful, and is great at baths. He is also quite possibly the heaviest sleeper you'll ever sleep with (not that you would be sleeping with him.)

Every morning Darrell rolls over and says, "He slept well last night!" Now this is sometimes, but most always never true!

Sleeping... giving your baby the gift of sleep... I will gladly give it!

We mastered the art of the napping during the day. Or for those of you Baby Wise followers the "Eat, Wake, Sleep" pattern. Pearson can eat with the best of them (its all in his thighs). He can stay awake delightfully for a while, and then fights sleep like a champ!

So now his mom keeps her eyes open all the time! When will this little bundle of joy ever sleep through the night!

I love the comments from the mothers blessed with sleeping babies.

"Well my baby slept through the night at 4 weeks. I had him on a strict schedule it works. Just let him cry it out!" (Maybe she should sleep a night with Pearson's lungs)

Other comments... "Babies sleep once they are 12 pounds" (Well this 13 pounder isn't!)

"Oh she sleeps through the night from 10 to 4" (By the way she is only 3 weeks old :)

Can't fault them! They are just blessed.

One day, one glorious day or should I say NIGHT! I will get 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep. Then I will not need the extra makeup under my eyes to trick everyone into believing I am well rested.

My sweet friend gives me hope. Her baby slept at three months! In two weeks Pearson will be 12 weeks, which is three months, which is over the 12 pound threshold, and he will have been following Baby Wise... eat, wake, sleep for quite sometime!

My dreams called... they miss me!

No comments: